When converting a regular van into a fully functional campervan, paying attention to every detail is essential to create a comfortable and stylish interior. One such crucial aspect is the window finishing trim. The right van window trim not only adds a touch of elegance to your space but also ensures a seamless transition between the window and the interior, giving your campervan that professional finish. In this blog, we will explore various window finishing trim options for vans, focusing on Sprinter vans, and guide you through the installation process to achieve a stunning interior transformation.
Sprinter Van Interior: A Canvas for Personalization
Sprinter vans are a popular choice among campervan enthusiasts due to their spacious interiors and versatile layouts. However, achieving a cozy and well-designed interior requires attention to detail, including the window finishing trim. Let's delve into the different window trim options available for Sprinter vans.
Interior Window Trim Options
When selecting interior window trim for your Sprinter van, you have several options to consider. These include:
- Sprinter Rear Pillar Trim: The rear pillar area of your van can be enhanced with specific trim pieces designed to cover and complement the pillars around the windows. This trim not only adds a polished look but also covers any imperfections around the window openings.
- Window Casing: Window casing refers to the decorative molding placed around the interior of the window frame. It comes in various designs and materials, allowing you to choose a style that aligns with your campervan's aesthetic.
- Plastic Strip around Windows: The plastic strip surrounding the windows, often known as window trim or window molding, helps secure the window in place and provides a finished look to the interior. These strips come in different colors to match your van's interior color scheme.
Materials for Interior Window Trim
Choosing the right material for your interior window trim is crucial for both aesthetics and durability. Common materials include wood, PVC, and metal. Each material has its own unique charm and can be stained, painted, or left natural to suit your taste.
How to Trim a Window Sill
Window sills play a significant role in creating a complete and sophisticated window finish. Here's a simple guide to trim a window sill in your Sprinter van:
- Line the GoCode AMA trim ring in the sill of the AMA window inside the van.
- Secure the trim in place using self-tapping screws and riv-nuts, ensuring it is level and flush with the window frame.
c. Add wall panels around the window and attach to the flanges of the trim ring with screws.
Installing Interior Window Casings
Interior window casings add an extra layer of elegance to your campervan's windows. To install interior window casings without using GoCode’s AMA window trim kit in Bamboo and Plastic:
- Measure and cut the casing material to fit around the interior frame of the window.
- Secure the casing in place using nails or adhesive.
- Fill any gaps or seams with caulk for a seamless finish.
- Wrap with upholstery.
- Apply Trim Lok to absorb the hard factory edge around the window sill.
Replacement and Installation of Van Windows
If your campervan requires a window replacement or if you're looking to add new windows, I advise heading to a van builder, like us, to have them cut and install it for you. If you are looking to DIY your window here are the steps to install a van window:
- Measure and draw the opening to ensure you select the right-sized window.
- Use a high-powered metal cutting tool to cut an accurate window
- Remove any existing window or debris from the opening with a vacuum.
- Apply a layer of sealant around the window frame (we typically use Flex Seal).
- Insert the new window into the opening and secure it in place using screws.
Campervan Wall Lining and Vinyl Wall Covering
While working on window finishing trim, it's essential to consider the overall campervan wall lining. Many van owners opt for vinyl wall covering, a durable and easy-to-clean option that adds a modern touch to the interior. Proper wall lining complements the window trim and ensures a cohesive design throughout your campervan.
In conclusion, window finishing trim for vans, especially Sprinter vans, plays a crucial role in creating a refined and appealing campervan interior. Whether you choose rear pillar trim, window casings, or plastic strips, the right window trim enhances the aesthetics and functionality of your van. Additionally, with the right materials and installation techniques, you can achieve a professional finish that transforms your Sprinter van into a cozy and inviting home on wheels. So, roll up your sleeves and start creating your dream campervan interior with stunning window finishing trim today!